Friday, June 18, 2010

Thrifty Treasures!

Even if I'm not feeling well and haven't had much sleep the night before and I'm on my way straight home to rest and eat lunch, a large red sign that SCREAMS 50% OFF in front of the Thrift Store is more temptation (obviously) than I can bear! So here are my new treasures:
A beautiful glass cake plate - $2.00 ( I love clear glass serving pieces because they match everything) A darling red with hearts flower pot - $1.50 (my mom's kitchen is red with hearts and she's leaving for Germany again in July and when she comes back I always stock her fridge and put fresh flowers on her kitchen table the day before she comes home to welcome her back) A super cute Giant dominos game for my grandsons to play with - $1.75
A wooden spice rack - $2.00 (I'll be painting it white with red cherries to use for small embelishments in my scraproom and I'll post the before and after hopefully next week) A large cooking pot - $5.00 (I've decided to try my hand at canning my own sauces and salsas and I needed a large pot. All in all it was a great trip. I'm still sore and tired, but Thrift Store therapy should count for something....right?

1 comment:

  1. wowzer, great deals!!

    thanks for coming by my blog. i actually did respond to your email, check your junk mail.

    ReplyDelete