Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Fun Felt Photo Envelope


Every year my Mom goes to Germany for a few months to visit her family there. Every year I print some pictures to send along with her so that she can show them to her sisters and her friends from school (yes they still live in the same town) and probably to anyone else that she comes in contact with, people on the plane, etc. This year, I got a bit carried away and ended printing 200 photos. I didn't want to just hand her a fat stack of photos and wish for the best, so I crafted this cute felt envelope to hold her treasures in. I used my sewing machine to make the side seams for extra strength and then I did a blanket stitch by hand all the way around to add some color. I embroidered a few flowers on the cover and "Voila" the photo envelope was born! I love the way it came out. And it's red.......'nuf said'..... :)





1 comment: