Friday, October 29, 2010

Cock-a-doodle-do!

 Pretty much everywhere you look in my house, you'll see roosters. I don't know why I love them so? This is just a peek at some of my happy hens. They are from all over the globe. I have some from Italy, Greece, Portugal, Germany, Mexico, and probably a few made in China :) I have to say my Italian roosters are by far my favs. I've had to tell my family and friends not to give me any more roosters because I've run out of room for them. We were watching Survivor last week and one tribe had won 2 chickens and a rooster in one of the challenges. They decided to eat one. They chose one of the chickens. I was yelling at the TV "eat the rooster you fools! All he does is wake you up early and you don't need him to have eggs!" Obviously there are people who don't know that you only need a rooster if you want more chickens :) 
 

3 comments:

  1. lol even the vegetarians will eat eggs that aren't' fertilized. LOL
    Great, red roosters are your thang! Be afraid....be very afraid! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got quite a collection of roosters. When people know you like something they'll collect for you, then your collection gets to be huge. I collect kids books but I have so many that people are afraid to buy them for me as I might already have it. I don't mind doubles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just testing out my posting ability today. i love that rooster hook!

    ReplyDelete