Saturday, May 14, 2011

Inspiration


When Blogger was "unavailable" on Wednesday and Thursday I was so lost! I didn't realize how much time I spend wandering through the Blogosphere marveling at the creativity of others! I really love it. It's like having the most amazing library of craft books at my fingertips any time of the day or night. And there is new and wonderful things to see and learn everyday! Lately I've found myself drawn to bright patchwork paired with neutral backgrounds. My newest apron is inspired by what I've seen and I like the way it turned out, but I think my next attempt will have smaller, more intricate patchwork. You can read about this totally cute wonky star quilt over at the Undercover Crafter. And this beautiful sewing machine cover pattern can be found over at Bloom. My list of blogs that inspire me just keeps growing!

I decided to pair these great prints from Robert Kaufmann with some wonderful 100% cotton. I love this fabric because it has the look of linen with the ease of care that you get with cotton.
What inspires you?





7 comments:

  1. love the apron! did you get that linen like cotton at M&L?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I like, I like! Yet another masterpiece Karen :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. good job!!! Very bright and very fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok heres my comment! Lol. Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, Thanks so much for including my Wonky Star Quilt. I really love that apron. It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your apron is sooo adorable:) Glad to meet another sister in Christ:):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the fabrics you paired with the solid on the apron, it looks really great!

    ReplyDelete