Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Boy Oh Boy!


This past week I got a lovely surprise when one of my blogger friends Jenny, placed an order through my etsy shop for 25 tissue covers for a baby shower. The colors she requested were chocolate brown, cream and blue. I knew exactly what fabric I wanted to use. These fabrics are all from Sweetwater's "Pure" collection. There are some fabrics that definately scream "boy" to me but I didn't want to use those for the tissue covers because these shower favors are for women even though it's a shower for a baby boy. I love that there are hearts and roses and tiny flowers as well as stripes and tiny polka dots!


And because Jenny is such a sweetheart (she made me the cutest apron and you can see it here) that I wanted to send her just a little something extra with her order. Since I am participating in the Craft Book challenge, I decided to use a pattern from the book Sew, So Cute by Mary Engelbreit. I used some of the more masculine co-ordinating fabrics from the Pure collection to make the patchwork front panel for this bib. I love it and I hope she does too :)

11 comments:

  1. Very loverly! and I love the truck prop you posed them in! thinkin' I'm gonna need that bib pattern! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesomeness..your hired...9 months from now for a gramma shower!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are such pretty fabrics!!! great job- I am sure they will be a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bib! I'm sure Jenny will love it! The fabric combos and colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice and thoughtful too. WWKD - What Would Karen Do? I am trying to start thinking like you when I work on my projects. Following the pattern can be boring sometimes. I love the way you put your personality into everything :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the color combo you chose! Am going to have to check out that book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun shower favor. You did a wonderful job on them.
    Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great party favors, I know you really enjoyed this project, sew much sew that it probably brought tears to your eyes ~ giggle:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. They turned out great, I love the colors, what a fun useful party favor! You are super talented!

    Carlee
    www.ladybirdln.com

    ReplyDelete