Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Stitchin Season :)

I may have mentioned this before, but I tend to get bored easily. I think that's why I have multiple hobbies. I go for a few days or weeks deeply involved with something and then from one day to the next, I'm on to something else. A few weeks ago I went through serious withdrawals when my sewing machine went in for service, and now it's here and ready to go and I haven't done much sewing. I've been stitching instead. I finished the little tea pots yesterday. This is the top piece for a wooden tea caddy that I have on order. As soon as it arrives I can assemble it and I'll post pics of the completed project. I have also completed the embroidery pieces that I found in the garage that I started when I was 10 years old. I'm going to start cutting the fabric for the quilt that these will be a part of and hopefully finish it in time for Christmas. If not, my Mom is traveling to Germany again in April and she can take it with her and give it to her sister when she's there. I showed these to my Mom to ask her about them last Sunday because I noticed that some of the stitching on the boy was so far superior to the stitching that I had done, so I needed to know if she had done it or my grandmother had done it. She said that my grandmother had given me these patterns to stitch and that my mom had done some of the stitching on the boy. Now this gift will be even more special for my aunt! 3 generations of women in the family have had a part in this quilt for her. I love things like that!



6 comments:

  1. beautiful as always. I can't wait to see both of these finished projects. I also found some embroidery projects that I did many years ago. You've inspired me to do something with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the finished products!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tea pots is beautiful!! I wish I could do that!! (I know sometime I will, but not now!) I a begginer on sewing, so this is the next step!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool is that? Something handmade is always a welcome gift. Yours will be even better :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of it! You always do such a great job! Can't wait to see the finished projects! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This quilt is an amazing project! What a wonderful family keepsake filled with generations of love.

    ReplyDelete