Monday, July 30, 2012

Good Times, Great Friends!

I can't believe a year has gone by since Regena and Denise
came down to So Cal to spend the weekend and go to the 
International Quilt Festival in Long Beach with Amy and I.
We had a few more ladies join the fun this year,
Sam, Marcia and my Mom :)

Here are a few of my favorite quilts.
(There were many more, but most didn't allow photos)





This one was my absolute fav!
The tulips look like they are coming right out of the quilt.
My Mom was a big fan too!
The photos don't do it justice.
Amazing!





This next photo is one of the one of the fun booths that caught my eye.
It's a company called Reets Rags To Stitches.
They have cute apron patterns and bag patterns and 
fun primitive stuff :)


This next photo is American Jane........*sigh*
It's my happy place.
I wanted everything in there!!!
You can check out their website here:


Gena gave the "Sweet 16" machine a run for it's money.
Pretty "Sweet" indeed!


Last year at the Quilt Festival the 4 of us all purchased the 
same charm pack with the intention of making a 
"Friendship" tablerunner,
with one star block made by each of us.
So on Saturday we got together and worked on our blocks.
After we finished making 4 blocks each
we chose one from each set to make up our 4 blocks.
I can't wait to make my runner with
one block from each of my friends.
It's something I will cherish :)

We had a great weekend and it went by 
way to quickly again.
Now we have 12 months to get ready for the next one!



7 comments:

  1. I had an awesome weekend with great friends, great food, great quilting and no sleep! haha! I can't believe I didn't see the American Jane booth! I'm bummed....
    I LOVE our blocks and can't wait to put them into a table runner too. Every time I look at them I will think of you guys and our great weekend. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have crazy quilt lady hair in that last photo! great time with some wonderful ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have crazy quilt lady hair in that last photo! great time with some wonderful ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it was a fab weekend that ended far too soon. And yes, I am coveting that machine....ahhhhhhh
    Looking at my blocks now as I clean up from the trip......love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like everyone had a great time. Beautiful quilts.
    Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilts! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BIG Fun with some very creative, bright, funny women :-)! I cannot wait for next year :-)!

    The quilts were actual works of art. It was almost like being in museum.

    ReplyDelete