Monday, December 31, 2012

2013 Here we come!

Boy, New Year's Eve has changed a LOT for me over the years.
I used to be quite the party animal.
Dancing the night away with friends and family.
But these days with small children in the family
the late night Pictionary, Cranium, dancing and laughing
will have to wait until the babies are a bit older.
No one wants to wake them up 
just to put them into their car seats 
on a cold winter night.
So this year the hubs and I 
will quietly spend the evening 
enjoying each other's company 
with him playing his new "old school" Zelda
and me stitching my new chart I received for Christmas.
We'll welcome the New Year with a hug and kiss
and then off to bed for a good night's sleep.
(That is IF we even make it to midnight...ha!)

I wish you all a blessed and healthy, 
Happy New Year!

I just wanted to share a couple of projects 
that I couldn't show you until now.
Here are two ornaments that I stitched for friends.
I used chenille around the heart 
and it's the first time I've done that.
I really love the look!


I also made these two little clutch bags
from a pattern found in
"Bags - the Modern Classics" by Sue Kim.
I highly recommend this book
if you like purses and bags.
Full sized patterns are included
and the instructions are easy to follow.

I used Minnie Mouse fabric for the lining
because the recipients are Minnie fans :)


I used some vintage buttons from my Mom's
vast stash of awesome old buttons.


And last but not least,
I wanted to share my tree top Angel with you.
I stitched her over 30 years ago 
and she is still watching over our tree each year.


One of the things I love most about hand crafted
items is that they will be here long after I am gone.
Kinda nice to think that she will still be smiling
and watching over my loved ones for years to come :)



7 comments:

  1. hey, you hoop...well more like the medieval rack. lol
    can't wait for baby evil Spock to get here...he even matches my gold tree this year. lol
    happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your projects are wonderful. The angel is adorable! Happy New Year to you and Jose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same stitching frame! I just need better light in the living room so I can use it more. It's great because it frees up both your hands to run the needle.

    Amazing work as always Karen. Your tree angel is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ornaments are too cute for words :-)! You do such fantastic work Obi Wan :-)! I love the angel she is too sweet!

    Reginald and I have the same plans for New Years Eve. We are going to go by and see Christopher and the grand kids then home for movie night a a little champagne :-)!

    Happy New Year and God bless you and the family :-)! I love you all more than I will ever know; not because you are obtuse, but because I am not good at demonstrating my love, but I am working on it :-) ♥!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful describes everything!
    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad I stumbled onto your blog, Karen - wishing you all the best for 2013! I get to spend NYE cooking and cleaning until the wee hours - lucky me!! It's for family, so I don't mind ... MUCH, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Karen!!I have enjoyed your blog over the last year!! You are so productive. Wish I could be more like you!!

    Hugs to you and your family!!

    jenny

    ReplyDelete