Monday, June 10, 2013

Mission Accomplished :)

My beautiful Sister in Law celebrated her birthday recently.
She asked me to make her a tote bag
 to hold her crochet-in-progress.
She picked out the fabric from my stash.
I paired it with brown and white polka dot canvas.
 I decided to surprise her and
make her a matching pouch
for her hooks and scissors and such.
You can read more about it HERE.
Unfortunately, I made the hook bag first 
and when it was time to make the big bag
I didn't have enough fabric left.
Don't you hate it when that happens?
Well, the shop that I bought it from no longer had any in stock
and I couldn't find any on Etsy or Ebay.
But you've gotta love the internet
because I found 2 yards from an online quilt shop
and Voila'......Mission Accomplished :)



5 comments:

  1. i bet she is gonna love it and use it and cuddle it..........

    and you can never, ever go wrong with polkadots

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fabric is just beautiful! I'm sure she will love her new bag and hook case.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you combine fabrics and prints - you're a colour'n'print co-ordinating NINJA!! Both bags are gorgeous, and now I need to dive into my polka dots stash and bling something with dots, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both look adorable!! I've never tried sewing canvas before, maybe I'll give it a whirl one day.

    Hugs,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete