Monday, September 23, 2013

Polka Dot Progress :)


I finished the quilt top on Friday.
Not too bad for a day's work :)
This was my first every diamond pattern.
Why didn't anyone tell me how challenging
it is to sew everything in diagonal lines?
Well I guess the sewing diagonal lines wasn't the challenge,
but lining up all the intersections was the real challenge.
I had to get up close and personal with my seam ripper
quite a few times to get those little diamonds to line up.


Now for the really hard part......
trying to decide exactly how to quilt it.

Don't you just love all those polka dots?
I do :)

And I had to throw in some gingham just for good measure!


Today it's back to work on project bags.
I'm hoping to get started on the hand quilting in the evenings
while the hubs watches his 
"shoot-em-up-everyone-dies" kinda movies :)

11 comments:

  1. WOW!! It looks awesome! Lining up those points is hard, but you nailed it. :) Love the fabrics...especially the polka dots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this from a free Riley Blake pattern? I made one almost just like this.. I had the same hard time with the diamonds and lining up the seams. Argh! ;) I haven't decided how to quilt it yet either. I love yours and can't wait to see what you do with it. Looks great. :) (Also, I LOVE dots!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely quilt! I really like the diamonds. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe how fast you cut and sewed that beautiful quilt.
    The diamonds looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What Teresa said :-)! You are good and fast! I would still be cutting everything out!

    I love the fabric selection :-)! The tiny polka dot diamonds at each diamond point are simply adorable! Excellent job Obi Wan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What Teresa said :-)! You are good and fast! I would still be cutting everything out!

    I love the fabric selection :-)! The tiny polka dot diamonds at each diamond point are simply adorable! Excellent job Obi Wan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful that is. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was quite a day! Yes I do love the dots

    ReplyDelete