Friday, March 14, 2014

And sew it begins....

I have to admit
that one of my favorite parts of quilting
is cutting all the fabrics into the different sizes.
I love the way they look
when they are all perfectly organized.

Of course,
in my eagerness,
I ended up cutting 4.5" squares 
instead of the called for 4.25" squares
and cutting 2.5" strips 
instead of the called for 2.25" strips.......
*ugh*

Anyhoo....
after re-cutting 36 squares and 36 strips
I'm ready to sew!

But not tonight.
I'm tired.

I can't wait to get started piecing this lovely quilt :)
I'll show you my progress tomorrow.
For now I'm going to sit on the couch
and watch my DVR'd Survivor episode.

5 comments:

  1. Better to cut too big than too little - it's easier to fix! :) Pretty fabrics - can't wait to see what you come up with :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. they were inform in size, you coulda left them. lol what pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! Can't wait to see it all finished. I know it will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous line! I can't wait to see your progress!

    ReplyDelete