Sunday, March 16, 2014

Quilt top D O N E :)


I'm super excited that I finished the quilt top this weekend!
I have to stop by Joann's tomorrow morning 
and pick up the batting I need.
I also need to finish up the backing
and I'm hoping to have that done by tonight as well.
The photos make the fabric looks pale green,
but it's actually pale teal.
This fabric is from October Afternoon for Riley Blake.
It's called Sidewalks.
Years ago I spent every waking moment
(and every single dollar)
on Scrapbooking and all the supplies that go along with it.
October Afternoon was my absolute favorite line of paper.
To this day, I actually have some paper packs 
that I can't bring myself to cut in to.
So when I saw this fabric I swooned!
I know my daughter really likes teal 
and she loves the look of vintage things
so this fabric line was a win win :)

The pattern I used is called Lemonade Lollipops by SweetJane.
It's totally FTS.
I used this pattern for the very first quilt I ever made 
a few years ago for my granddaughter Evie.
You can see it HERE.
This quilt is for her new sister Daisy
who is due in April.
I can't wait to meet Grandbaby #7 :)
I have the binding all pressed and ready to go!
I'd better get back to work.....





11 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwwww it's beautiful, Grandma! Love pinwheels, and that's a beautiful line of fabrics - lucky baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt turned out beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful! I love the cherry quilt too! Lovely! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This quilt you made is just super adorable! Daisy will love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt turned out gorgeous. I just finished quilting a quilt with those fabrics for someone and it turned out awesome.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am new to your blog and have to say - you are incredibly talented! The only other person I have come across with your talent was my mother - also an incredibly talented seamstress. Thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This quilt is just as pretty as your first quilt - I love them both! I really envy your neatness (look at those hand-stitches) and your skill at arranging the patterns. :D

    ReplyDelete